Friday 6 September 2013

My Autumn Must Haves

Recently i have been a lot more fashion conscious than previously. This may be because i have watched all of Sex and the City and Gossip Girl boxsets, amaazing outfits in both. I want Serena's Wardrobe!!

These are a few items on my wish list for A/W '13

1. Good pair of boots. Essential for autumn and winter! There are tons of amazing boots on the market at the moment all different styles and prices. I picked these as i love the cut out detail. They can be perfectly teamed with skinny jeans, checked shirt and leather jacket for a grungy vipe. Or even worn with tights and a cute skater skirt. I bought a pair of Topshop Chelsea boots link  (these are a similar pair) last year for £60 . They have got to be one of my most favourite, most worn shoes ever. So easy to wear with any look. I feel these will be a great addition to my slowly expanding boots collection. Also, they are from New Look and cost a lovely £24.99 my student budget screams with joy! (Topshop also have a lot of cut out boots, just be prepared to pay a lot more)

2. Leather anything. Well, maybe not everything... But, definitely in the jacket and trouser variety. (and by leather i mean pleather, but a good pleather...) 
These next two items have been sitting in my H&M shopping basket for a while waiting for the opportune moment to be bought:

Firstly, i have been on a hunt for the perfect "leather" trouser/leggings. I have tried on enough pairs to decide that i prefer trousers. Leggings always come with a terrible fear of  "can you see my knickers?!" A question that i have said to myself in many a changing room. With trousers you are not burdened with such fear. Wearing leather can be risque enough, so proper precautions need to be taken before buying:
 1) not see-through. 
2) Holds in lumps and bumps (another downfall of the legging variety)
3) can i sit down in these? (very import and some times overlooked)
I like these trousers link as they are  very flattering, they hold you in, and the pockets on the bum can give illusion to a nice perky bum if you are not lucky enough to be Miley Cyrus...  also, they are only £24.99!! I really want to pair these with a light coloured knitted jumper, the contrasts of textures would look fab.


This jacket just encompasses autumn winter for me. It ticks both the burgundy and leather box. Very biker-esque. I wear my current leather jacket practically every day, and i this would have similar consequences. Teamed with a white graphic T, and skinny jeans would create a simple, casual but well put together, slightly grungy outfit. link And of course, a great price: £29.99

3. Pieces with angular straight lines. This A/W is all about hard lines and cuts, whether on a jacket with cut-out lapels, boxy t-shirt, or an a-line skirt:


This piece is from Zara link  I love the shape and silhouette. It is also very practical and weather resistant as it is actually a skort. This means no embarrassing flashes, or awkward walking with hands strictly by your sides to prevent the embarrassing flashes. I'd team this with the New Look cut-out boots and a white graphic T. It is also easy to pair with thick wooly tights when it gets too cold!


I think this may be a Part 1 of a few blog posts. I really enjoyed writing this. And lets face it, there are plenty more clothes that i wish to buy!

Hope you enjoyed!
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment