Sunday 8 September 2013

Lazy Sunday Morning & Nails

 This is what i call the perfect Sunday breakfast, Pain au chocolat, latte and orange juice.

As i am a uni student currently enjoying my 4 months of for summer, every day feels like a Sunday. It will be a culture shock having to get out of the house before 9am!

This morning i decided to paint my nails. This is a task that i find too time consuming and stressful normally. I do not have the patience to diligently paint on the layers of polish, then wait for them to dry. It turns out to be more hassle than it is worth. However this morning was an exception:



Orange and Burgundy are two of my favourite colours and i couldn't decide which to paint my nails. Solution: BOTH!
I was origionally going to the the accent nail (paint one finger a different colour to the rest) but i feel this trend is kind of over now so wanted to do something different. My friend Kate is a nail wizz and taught me how to do ombre nails. This is my first attempt:


1. Paint base colour- i used Essie- Orange It's Obvious



2. Find a sponge and paint a strip of base colour with a strip of the colour you want your nails to fade in to- I used an PococoNail Apparel in #7255






3. Sponge on colours- i started with the orange strip at the tip of my nails then slowly patted down towards to cuticles until enough of the burgundy is on the tip.

Hope you enjoy a lazy Sunday!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment